What’s Cookin’ with Chef Cordova?
Easy Breezy Candied Brie —yes, it’s as easy as it sounds! This dish is very easy to prepare, elegant, and an absolute crowd-pleaser!
Marcus Cordova, our Director of Culinary Arts, is back with another recipe perfect for your next gathering. Follow along with Marcus, as he guides us through, step-by-step, how to make a delicious Brie appetizer. The perfect pairing for your favorite crackers and bottle of wine. The best part? You can do it in under 25 minutes! Interested in other recipes presented by Marcus? Check out our winter favorite, Hot Chocolate on a Stick, and stay tuned for more recipes to come!
Here is what you will need to get started …
- 1 (8-ounce) wheel brie cheese, rind trimmed, be sure just to trim the top and a little off of the sides
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
MAPLE HONEY DRIZZLE
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place brie on a rimmed baking sheet or a 5-inch cast iron skillet; sprinkle with brown sugar. Place into oven and bake until softened, about 12-15 minutes; let cool 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine brown sugar, honey, maple syrup, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and orange zest. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until foamy, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in pecans and cranberries.
- Serve brie warm topped with pecan mixture; serve with crackers or baguette